As you may be aware, Equifax (one of the three primary credit reporting agencies in the U.S.) has reported a breach potentially impacting 143 million U.S. consumers. Personal data, including birth dates, credit card numbers, Social Security numbers and more, were obtained in the breach. This data used in combination with other acquired identity data may result in various fraudulent activities on your accounts including Account Takeover.
What you can do to project yourself:
• Check to see if you have received an email from Equifax.
• Regardless, go to www.equifaxsecurity2017.com to check whether you are one of the 143 million people whose data may have been compromised.
• Monitor your credit activity using one of the free services like www.annualcreditreport.com.
• Reset your account passwords, PIN codes and other log-in credentials on financial accounts that may be vulnerable.
• Establish credit monitoring service through Equifax or through other service providers.